All Shopify themes are coded in Liquid, which is a template language created by Shopify. Code editing is any type of job where we need to directly touch the code of a theme to achieve some specific layout or feature that can't be achieved by simply using the built-in configurations available in a theme.
Some examples could be the following:
• Adding trust badges to the product pages.
• Changing the padding or margin of a specific element or section in the theme.
• Adding text on the product pages that only applies to specific products or a specific collection. Example: "Please allow 10 days for manufacturing".
• Change color for heading or body text in one specific section of the theme without changing colors on all other sections.
• Add "agree to terms" checkbox on the cart page.
• Add tabs on product descriptions.
• Create a new template with a different layout that can be applied to specific products.
• Hide the "add to cart" button and show "contact us" for specific products or collections.
These are just examples so you get an idea of the types of things that generally require code editing. However, it always varies from theme to theme because each theme has different configurable options. So please keep in mind this list is just an example and not a rule.
Once the project has started and we are working on your revisions, we will always let you know if your request can be done via the theme's built-in options, or if you require code editing to achieve something in particular.
Since development varies all the time it's impossible to provide general pricing for our coding jobs because we don't have an hourly rate.
We always require that you provide details, and if possible, examples (images, links, mockups) of what you want to achieve and we provide a quote for that job which depends on the time and complexity of the job.
Feel free to contact us if you need more information. We know it can be a lot of information and maybe even a bit challenging at first, but we are here for you! Contact us and we'll be happy to answer your questions.
You can check our development portfolio here.